When setting up you email, do not click on the Yahoo! Use "Other" and follow the promps. Use imap.mail.yahoo.com as your Incoming Mail Server, and smtp.mail.yahoo.com as your Outgoing Mail Server.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
|SMTP Server||Server for outgoing mail. Gmail uses smtp.gmail.com|
|SMTP Port||Port for outgoing mail. The dafault Gmail smtp port is 465.|
|SMTP Secure||Secure connection for SMTP server. Default is checked|
|POP3 Server||Incoming mail Server for POP3, Gmail uses pop.gmail.com|
|POP3 Port||IP port for POP3 communication. The dafault Gmail port for POP is 995.|
|POP3 Secure||Secure connection for POP3 Gmail server|
Removing and re-adding the account as suggested by Brian will help to fix the issue, for detailed information on how it can be done check the steps below.
1) Remove the Hotmail account from Outlook. Refer to the link below for information on how to remove accounts from Outlook
2) Delete the .OST file(s) associated with the Windows Live account
a. Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run
b. Copy and paste the following text in the Open field and then press ‘Enter’:
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
3) Delete the .ost file(s) from the above location.
4) Now configure the Hotmail account using Outlook connector in Outlook. Refer to the link below for information on how to add Windows Live account in Outlook.
IN THE PROFILE THAT YOU ARE USING NOW
1. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
The Account Settings command is on the Tools menu in Office Outlook 2007 . If you are using an earlier version of Outlook, the following instructions do not apply. Use the Help that is included with that product. If the title bar of the program that you are using displays Outlook Express, then you are using a program that is not the same as Outlook. See the Help in Outlook Express for assistance.
2. Select the account that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
3. To confirm removal of the account, click Yes.
POP Settings for Windows Live Mail
These settings will allow you to access your Windows Live Mail from most mail clients (Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Thunderbird, etc…) and some web mail services such as Gmail. Unfortunately, these settings will not work with Yahoo! Mail or Hotmail.
Incoming Server Settings
POP Server: pop3.live.com
Security: This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
995 Default SSL Port